Holidays aren’t always happy times. When TD got into recovery a little over 24 years ago, he started to notice an emotional pattern. “Why do I get so angry at Christmas?” he asked. “I realized the surface stuff. That I had crumby Christmases growing up. But it goes deeper than that.”
Recovery Acres Blog
The disease of addiction is complex. In this in depth interview CJSW FM’s Charmers Almanac host Kate van Fraassen explores the topic and the treatment landscape here in Alberta with addictions expert Dr. John Streukens Ph.D., M.Ed., R.Psych., CRHSP, ICADC, ICCDPD, CCAC RSAS, SAP and CARE (Co-occurring Addiction Recovery Essentials)
- 83107 Decpm17 2016
- 143107 PM00000070000002431 2016
- 63107 ndUTCp31UTC12bUTCFri, 22 Dec 2017 19:55:24 +0000 2016
- 93107 ndUTCp31UTC12bUTCFri, 22 Dec 2017 19:55:24 +0000 2016
- 143107 ndUTCp31UTC12bUTCFri, 22 Dec 2017 19:55:24 +0000 2016
- 1835 House
- About Us
- Addiction Recovery
- Addiction Treatment for Women
- CARE (Co-occurring Addiction Recovery Essentials) for Women
- CARE for Women
- Co-occurring Mental Health Disorders
- Event Photos
- Recovery Acres
- Recovery Acres (Calgary) Society
- Substance Use Disorders
- Women's Mental Health
Recovery Acres is a registered charity and non-profit organization that operates a fully accredited addiction treatment center.
We have helped over 13,000 people over more than 40 years through our men’s treatment center, 1835 House.
In September 2016, Recovery Acres launched the Co-occurring Addiction Recovery Essentials (CARE) for Women program.