Bob started drinking when he was 12 years old. He would never say his addiction came about because he had a difficult childhood, but he did. There was poverty, neglect, and bullying. For a quiet and sensitive person it was a painful childhood that evolved into a difficult adolescence.
Recovery Acres Blog
Addiction leads to some pretty dark places. I have seen them first hand. For years my life was a never-ending cycle of unhappiness that bordered on unbearable. I was suicidal and close to death a number of times. The first seed of recovery came to me through AA. For a
- 29th September 2017
- 11th June 2018
- 22nd June 2018
- 5th June 2018
- 8th May 2016
- 83104 Octpm17 2016
- 143104 PM00000040000000531 2016
- 63104 th+00:00p31+00:0010b+00:00Wed, 04 Oct 2017 16:16:05 +0000 2016
- 93104 th+00:00p31+00:0010b+00:00Wed, 04 Oct 2017 16:16:05 +0000 2016
- 143104 th+00:00p31+00:0010b+00:00Wed, 04 Oct 2017 16:16:05 +0000 2016
- 1835 House
- About Us
- Addiction Recovery
- CARE (Co-occurring Addiction Recovery Essentials) for Women
- CARE for Women
- Co-occurring Mental Health Disorders
- Event Photos
- Recovery Acres
- Recovery Acres (Calgary) Society
- Substance Use Disorders
- Women's Mental Health
Recovery Acres is a registered charity and non-profit organization that operates a fully accredited addiction treatment center.
We have helped over 13,000 people over more than 40 years through our men’s treatment center, 1835 House.
In September 2016, Recovery Acres launched the Co-occurring Addiction Recovery Essentials (CARE) for Women program.